Inner Circle Webinar: SEO For Photographers – Link Building Strategies

Webinar: Link-building

Join Nigel Merrick for another SEO for photographers webinar aimed at link-building strategies, how to set up a Google Plus profile, website reviews, and Q&A

SEO for photographers is 25% on-page and 75% off-page SEO

SEO for photographers is 25% on-page and 75% off-page SEO

SEO for photographers (or anyone for that matter), boils down to two simple components:

25% of our SEO results come from on-page optimization, while the other 75% are dictated by off-page factors.

This makes perfect sense when you think about it, since Google uses various metrics to rank websites based on such concepts as:

  • Relevance
  • Popularity
  • Trust and credibility

Since most of those indicators originate from outside of our website, away from our direct control, Google has a tendency to give them more weight than, say, our on-page SEO tactics that have to do with keyword placement.

One of the main ways that Google measures relevance, popularity, and trust is by looking at the quantity and quality of our inbound links.

But…

There’s been a subtle shift going on in the way Google views our backlinks, and in the ways we should obtain those links, leading to danger ahead for those who ignore that shift…

Changing The Way We Build Links

In the early days of Google, after the mad keyword boom, when Google started to view incoming links as a good indicator of a website’s relevance and popularity, SEO was largely a case of obtaining as many backlinks as possible, even if it meant paying for them…

But things have changed!

First, there was Panda, and then Penguin came along and really messed up the rankings for a lot of websites out there – particularly those who were engaged in gray-area link-building strategies.

So, it’s time to acknowledge the need to adapt our link-building ideas and focus on the new ways of doing things – in fact, many of these used to be the old ways right at the beginning, and they work a whole lot better anyway!

Link-Building Strategies Webinar

I’ll get right to the point today, as it’s very busy here at the Zenologue office, and I really want to get this post out before it’s too late!

You’re invited to join me for my monthly “Keeping Up With Google” Inner Circle webinar where I’ll walk you through some of the best strategies for building backlinks to your website.

When you finish watching this webinar, you’ll be able to use more Google-friendly tactics to build the relevance, popularity and trust of your website without incurring the wrath of the dreaded Google Penguin.

I’ll be giving you at least 8 ways you can do this effectively for your own photography business!

On top of that, I’ll show you some cool Google+ profile tips, do some impromptu 5-minute website reviews, and a Q&A session.

You can find the recording of the webinar at: “Webinar: SEO For Photographers – October 2012

Get 1-On-1 Help To Find New Clients

Expose Marketing Problems And Find Solutions

If you're having a hard time finding new clients I'd like to invite you to a special 1-on-1 "Photography Marketing Simplified" session where we'll work together to:

  • Identify new ways to find more clients that might be in your "blind spot"...
  • Discover at least 3 ways to get more people in the door...
  • Find the problems sabotaging growth & keeping you working too many hours ...

To get your personal 60-minute "Photography Marketing Simplified" 1-on-1 session with me, click the link below to get started.

TALK 1-ON-1 WITH NIGEL