Does search engine optimization (SEO) scare you? Are you perplexed by all the fancy-sounding jargon being thrown around on the subject of how to get your photography website ranked highly enough in the search engines? Does the phrase “long tail keyword tool” make you want to run for the hills?
If so, you are NOT alone – most professional photographers feel the same way about SEO, even though stories about how difficult or technical it is are really not much more than sad myths.
Even though SEO is not the rocket-science or brain-surgery kind of topic a lot of people think it is, that doesn’t mean we have to waste ALL of our valuable time on it, or scramble around in the dark looking for answers, right?
Keywords Are The Stuff Of SEO
You can’t be exposed to the topic of SEO for very long without learning that keywords are the fundamental component around which all of our search engine optimization efforts revolve.
Keyword research, and especially developing a keen understanding of how your target market thinks about the keywords related to your photography business, is vital to your success.
But it can also be a headache!
Getting started with your keyword research is not too difficult, and it’s a fairly easy task to identify the most important broad keyword phrases, but it doesn’t end there…
As you can see from the diagram below, the long tail keywords vastly outnumber the more common “head” terms and, what’s more, a long tail keyword is much more likely to signal greater “intent” on the part of the searcher than a more common keyword phrase.
In other words, someone searching for “ladies red shoes size 7 on sale” is more likely to be looking to buy a pair of shoes than someone looking simply for “red shoes”.
Identifying Long Tail Keywords
So how can you identify these potentially lucrative long tail keywords?
In the absence of a dedicated long tail keyword tool, there are a couple of options:
- Google Analytics can give you a detailed list of all the keywords that people use to find your photography website or blog content, but it’s not very good at telling you which keyword phrases might be the most profitable to target in the future to attract even more visitors looking for something similar.
- You could “guess” or ask your target market directly, as part of a conversation about their search habits.
- Your email inbox is another good place to look for clues about possible long tail keywords, but this boils down to another form of guessing.
As it turns out, there’s a better way…
Introducing The “HitTail” Long Tail Keyword Tool
What if you had access to a tool that effortlessly compiled a list of all the publicly-accessible keywords your visitors were already using to find your photography website, and then presented those keywords in an easy-to-understand and actionable list of simple suggestions?
Would that be something you could use?
It certainly is for me and this website – I’ve only been using the HitTail long tail keyword tool for a short time now, but it’s already provided me with a wealth of intelligence in the form of keywords I can actually use in the future to attract more targeted visitors.
Some Of The Great Benefits Of HitTail
Some of the best reasons to use a keyword tool such as HitTail include:
- Being able to see the most promising keywords to aim for based on the analytics from your existing visitors. You can watch your search visitors arrive on your photography website in real-time and unlock the competitive advantage already contained within your traffic.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse. Don’t miss a beat with email alerts sent to you for the new keyword suggestions that HitTail identifies for you.
- The ability to reduce or even eliminate unnecessary paid advertising for your website by improving your search engine rankings and increasing your organic search traffic.
On top of all that, HitTail is insanely EASY to use – so easy, in fact, that anyone can understand the results regardless of their experience with SEO.
If your website already sees 1000 or more visitors per month then this long tail keyword tool is going to be a great asset to you and your business, helping you to identify new opportunities AND save you valuable time as well.
Not seeing 1000 visitors per month yet, but want some help in getting there?
I can help with that too.